Tuesday, February 26, 2008

BTE and DAYYF

Good to see the market doing better. I lightened up a little this morning since it seems the market is stuck in a trading range. Had a chance to move some sold puts at a profit, so I did (WAG and PHM). I also sold the TSO that I had put to me a week ago. I was ahead about $1 a share for a $500 gain. I could have waited, but there is a decent chance oil will spike and refiners will get hit. Everyone is talking about the technical setup for a breakout in oil to the high side. Didn't want to get caught.

The financials are still hurting. I may sell some more puts there.

After I lighten up, I would like to see the market tank again so I can get into more of the commodity and material stocks. Looks like inflation for hard goods will be with us for a while.

No comments: