Wednesday, April 02, 2008

On Ben Stein and the Demise of His Column

I have always liked Ben Stein. He is quite a renaissance man. Besides being a great investor (and worth many millions) he is an economist, a pretty good actor and a politico. He can come off as a whacko, but there is always good reasoning behind his unique delivery.

His philosophies are a lot like Jim Rogers (who is an even greater investor, and maybe worth a billion or more) who he references in this article. It wouldn't surprise me if they are good friends. Like Ben, Jim Rogers is a goofball, but worth listening too / reading.

I think the gist of this story, buy low (against the grain) and diversify are what we always discuss and the way we invest, too. This message reinforces my thinking, not so much changes it.

I would definitely bookmark anything you can read on Ben Stein. Here is his personal website:

http://www.benstein.com/

No comments: